Assistant Reception Manager
Boutique Hotel Group owns three luxury hotels and wedding venues set in the heart of the Cheshire countryside. We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic Assistant Reception Manager to join our team at Peckforton Castle.
Reporting to the Room Operations Manager, your main duties & responsibilities will be:
· Train, cross –train, and retrain all front office personnel.
· Participate in the selection of Reception/Porter personnel.
· Supervise workload during shifts.
· Evaluate the job performance of each reception employee.
· Maintain working relationships and communicate with all departments.
· Verify that accurate room status information is maintained and properly communicated.
· Resolve guest problems quickly, efficiently, and courteously.
· Update group information. Maintain, monitor, and prepare group requirements. Relay information to appropriate personnel.
· Work within the allocated budget for the front office.
· Enforce all cash-handling, check-cashing, and credit policies.
· Conduct regular scheduled meetings of front of house personnel.
· Maximise room revenue and occupancy by reviewing status daily. Analyse rate variance, monitor credit report and maintain close observation of daily house count. Monitor selling status of house daily i.e. flash report, allowance etc.
· Operate all aspects of Front Office computer systems, including software maintenance, report generation and analysis, and simple configuration changes.
· Collecting, posting, and balancing payments to PMS.
· To maintain the front desk area in a neat, organized, and stocked manner at all times.
· To follow all hotel policy and procedures, including SOP’s, HR and H&S.
The ideal candidate should have:
· Commitment to delivering excellent customer care
· Good communication and organisational skills
· A get up and go attitude
· Previous reception experience would be desirable
Start date TBC. Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in the UK in order to be considered for this position.
If you feel you possess the proven experience required and that you have the qualities to shine, please apply now.
If you haven’t heard from us within 14 days please consider your application to have been unsuccessful.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £25,000.00 per year
- Employee discount
- On-site parking
20 days ago