Boutique Hotel Group owns three luxury hotels and wedding venues set in the heart of the Cheshire countryside. We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic Banqueting Chef to join our team at Peckforton Castle.
Reporting to the Executive Chef your main duties & responsibilities will be:
- To oversee the food preparation ensuring consistency at all times
- To ensure food is prepared in accordance with recipe, food hygiene and allergen control requirements
- To prepare event lists and event plans and to pack and prepare accordingly
- To effectively communicate with the Banqueting team on event days in order to ensure smooth running of events
- To assist with menu planning
- To carry food safety checks and maintain documentation in line with legislative and best practice requirements
- To ensure all food hygiene regulations are adhered to and procedures are systematically enforced to comply with all food regulation standards and HACCP guidelines
- To ensure all activities are carried out in full compliance with the company’s operating standards
- To ensure that cleaning procedures are in accordance with all legal, health and safety, and Covid-19 prevention requirements
- To carry out any other duties assigned by the Executive Chef
As Banqueting Chef, you will have previous banqueting experience along with delivery of high level food for events for up to 300 people within a fresh food establishment.
Above all, we are looking for someone who is motivated, professional and passionate about food and continually wants to improve standards.
The ideal candidate should have:
- 2 years+ banqueting experience
- Be able to work alone or with one other chef
- An honest, transparent and consistent attitude
- Be able to multitask and maintain quality levels at all times
- Ensure effective and smooth service is always maintained
- Assist in the training of Kitchen apprentices and trainees.
- Be able to develop menus and improve existing ones to move the business forwards
- A flexible approach with a “can do” attitude
- Rosette background would be advantageous
About the Hotel:
We recognise that Peckforton Castle is unique and has a magical and wonderful tradition and we commit to preserve the best of this, fused with new ideas and touches to make our customers and guests stay a richer experience. Peckforton Castle offers an inspired and unique experience, evoking the best of each experience through flair, sheer professionalism and space to breathe and think.
Start date TBC. Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in the UK in order to be considered for this position.
This role includes evenings, weekends and bank holidays working. If you feel you possess the proven experience required and that you have the qualities to shine, please apply now.
If you haven’t heard from us within 14 days please consider your application to have been unsuccessful.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £26,000.00-£30,000.00 per year
- Employee discount
- On-site parking