A career in hospitality is hard work but it is also one of the most rewarding – a vibrant, fast-paced environment where every day is different and brings its own challenges and rewards.
Peckforton Castle truly is an enchanting place to work, an award winning and breathtaking and very unique venue. Our service philosophy is paramount in all that we do and subsequently in all the roles within the Castle. As a result we look to employ exceptional individuals who share the same passion for customer service as we do.
Please find our current vacancies listed below:
Must hold relevant hygiene certificates and have experience in a similar position. Duties include planning, preparing and cooking food and banqueting work. You will be cooking within the 1851 kitchen you will be working as part of a busy team in our main kitchen so must be used to working under pressure in a busy and demanding role. Uniform provided. Own transport required. No live in available. Immediate start.
House Keeping and Linen Porter posts available. Previous housekeeping experience preferred but not essential as training will be provided. Duties include maintaining public areas and bedrooms and related duties as required. No live-in available. Must have access to transport due to hotel location. To apply please send a CV via email to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Jane Smith.
Reporting to the Deputy Head Housekeeper your main duties & responsibilities will be:
· To assist the Head Housekeeper & Deputy Head Housekeeper in the smooth operation of all areas of the Housekeeping department. Ensuring that the Hotel is cleaned & maintained to a high standard for guests.
· To assist and oversee the Public Area cleaners and ensure the team are performing their task lists correctly.
· To report, record and communicate all maintenance and ensure all staff follow the same procedure.
· To follow the Lost Property policy of the Hotel (Rooms & Public Area) and ensure all documentation is completed.
· Checking bedrooms and ensuring that they are cleaned and given back to Reception on time and up the Hotel standard.
· To oversee the in-house linen operation. Ensuring the efficient and effective operation of the team
· Liaise with Reception regarding each morning’s arrivals, departures, room moves and special requirements.
· Liaise with the Catering Departments regarding functions, usage of linen and cleaning of functions rooms.
· To communicate & liaise with all departments on a daily basis as and when required.
· To complete the daily paperwork in the morning and at the end of the shift, this includes the completed room sheets and room count lists.
The ideal candidate should have:
· Good experience working as a Housekeeping supervisor
· Good organisational skills
· Effective written and verbal communication
A get up and go attitude